Sunday 17 April 2011

Dreaming of Summer ...

As I'm now a member of the Wire Goddess team on Etsy, I thought I'd better spend my spare time updating my Etsy shop.  So until this weekend I hadn't had any time to create, but at last the dry spell has ended!  Inspired by dreams of lazy summer days, I made this pendant:
I can just imagine some beautifully-gowned Southern Belle swinging in the sunshine (with her skin adequately protected, of course) with a mint julep in her hand.  I know, I get carried away, but let me tell you, that scenario is only slightly more likely for me this summer than travelling to the moon, so I can dream!

I love making these Picture Pendants - it's almost like drawing with wire.  I get an idea and create it in wire, sometimes with preliminary sketches, sometimes without.  Maybe I'll have a go at a larger piece of artwork one day, if I ever get tired of making these! :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

This popped up in my flickrstream - flickr picture of the hour. I am absolutely in love with it and am now following your blog in my reader. Lovely, lovely stuff.

Nicole said...

Wait ... is this one not available to buy or already sold?!

Louise said...

Thank you for the lovely comments, Nicole! Yes, it's still available - I didn't have time to put it up for sale on Sunday! :)